We know that sitting down as a family isn't always easy with soccer practice, piano lessons and ballet going on, but we encourage you to scroll thru our top 5 ways to spend time as a family at dinner.
- Make dinner-time a giggle fest by playing "Would You Rather." It's simple: Pose a dilemma like "Would you rather eat a Brussels sprout or eat a bug?" and have everyone answer. Laughter guaranteed!
- Dinner-time can be fun and profound when you ask new questions and get a conversation started. Try, "if you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?" or "If you could travel back in time, where would you go?"
- Get your kids involved in dinner prep. They'll feel a sense of pride eating what they've created!
- Make dinnertime story time! Have one family member start the story with a sentence like, "Once upon a time there was a boy named Jimmy with a pet hippopotamus." The next person continues the story with another sentence, and so on until you have one wild narrative.
- Make your family dinner a special event by creating a festive atmosphere. Light candles, play music, use different place settings- maybe even dress up!