Soup is on our minds. It's cold outside, and we've reached the time of the year when colds spread through our families like dominoes. Here are three easy soup recipes to keep your immune system on track. All three recipes include Mom Made's bite-size, antibiotic-free meatballs to keep the cooking simple and the eating fun.
Mini Meatball-Tomato Soup
A bowl of tomato soup is delicious any time of year, for lunch or for dinner, for kids and adults. Chock-full of vitamin C, tomato soup is also a winter warmer-upper. This homemade tomato soup has a rich, pure tomato flavor and creamy texture.
- · 1 ½ quarts vegetable broth or water
- · 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- · 1 large Yukon potato, sliced thin and chopped
- · 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- · 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- · 1 12 oz. can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- · 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- · 1 cup plain soy yogurt
- · 1 box of Mom Made Beef and Cheese Meatballs
If you want to spice things up, drop a handful of spicy, mini-meatballs into the bowl, too. These delicious, full of flavor Mom Made Beef and Cheese Meatballs Bites are small enough to eat with a spoon (or by the handful). Image via Marks Daily Apple ( http://www.marksdailyapple.com/tomato-soup-with-spicy-mini-meatballs/#ixzz2nfPqpRQy)
Meatball Mini-Melts & Meatball Orzo Soup
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots,finely diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 tsp.minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 32 oz. reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 15 oz. no-salt added petite-diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1/2 cup ditalini noodles or orzo
- 2 boxes of Mom Made Turkey Meatball Bites
- 3 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
In a pot, heat the oil over medium heat. When it is hot add the onions, carrots and garlic, and sauté them until they onions and carrots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the broth, water, and tomatoes, cover it and bring it to a boil. Add the Mom Made Turkey meatballs and orzo, and stir frequently. Simmer the soup for 15 minutes, partially covered, stirring occasionally. Stir in the spinach and let it wilt for one minute. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste, and serve it immediately. Recipe and image from our friends at Six o’clock Scramble
Easy Chicken Meatball Soup
Chicken noodle soup has been proven to have anti-inflammatory properties as well as acting as an immune booster. If you want to give it a twist, add some Mom Made Turkey Meatballs to the soup. More fun to eat and healthy!
- 1 Tbsp chicken soup base (low sodium)
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 6 cups of water
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup of your favorite noodles
- 1 box of Mom Made Turkey Meatball Bites
Combine all ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes or until hot.
Enjoy and stay warm!